Thursday, December 18, 2014

Drinking with Diabetes for Dummies

Drinking alcohol and Diabetes are two things that typically don't go hand-in-hand. My friends usually ask me to explain what to watch for when I drink or what things I should avoid.

I typically start off by explaining the sugar in alcohol, the function of the liver, etc. But let's get real....an audience doesn't hold on for long once you dive into medical terminology. I recently found this article by Scott Johnson, Author at mySugr, explaining alcohol consumption and Diabetes in a simple way. Check it out here. Save your breath and let Scott spill the facts to your family and friends in this easy-to-read article. 

As always, the decision to stay sober is always the best option. Especially because all diabetics react to liquor consumption differently. Know your body and learn what your limits are. 

The DiaBlogger 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Madeline!

    What a fun surprise to stumble onto this post! I saw the title and thought, "better go see that I didn't miss any important tips or tricks!"

    Thank you for the very kind words. :-)

    I learned so much as I was writing that article! I'm so glad to know that you found it useful.

    Wishing you all the best for the coming new year! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete