Saturday, December 8, 2012

Drinking with the D.

As of yesterday, I am a new member to the Glu community and I am so excited. I cant believe I have never heard of this online community for T1 Diabetics. If you are not on it, I highly recommend joining. In just this past day, I already feel so welcomed and so understood--something I never feel when it comes to my health.

I will definitely post more about this site in the future. What I really wanted to share was this fantastic article that Glu shared a few weeks ago about teenagers/college students with T1 and how to deal with drinking. Even though this article does not provide a definite answer, it does supply some great guidelines that many diabetes educators, dietitians, and doctors refuse to speak about it. I love the way that drinking is addressed in this article and I think it is an important read for any young adult whether you have made the decision to drink or not as a T1.

Enjoy the read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment