Wednesday, March 20, 2013

CGM

After moving to Chicago, I was forced to find all new doctors. Starting with an Endocrinologist. Lucky for me, I found a doctor I love at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in downtown Chicago.

I was able to have my first appointment in February, but I left wary because she explained to me that in order to be a part of her practice it was mandatory that I submit my body for a full week of observation. Meaning, I had to come in and get a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) placed under my skin and wear it for a week.

Anyone who knows me well or has read about my feelings about wearing diabetic devices knows how uncomfortable this makes me feel. Yet, here I am in the endocrinology clinic now getting ready to receive my CGM.

From my research, I don't think that wearing it for a week will be that big of a deal. I am on spring break this week, so a lot of my friends are not at school. That eliminates my fear and insecurity of having to respond to "What is that?!"

However, my biggest concern is that I will be running a 10K on Sunday and I don't want it to like....fall out it something. Can that happen? I'm so nervous!

I would love to get feedback from anyone with experience with a CGM. I have NO idea what to expect.

Wish me luck!!
The DiaBlogger

No comments:

Post a Comment